What you get for your money
After reading your manuscript, I will provide an assessment in the form of 3-5 pages of feedback, containing objective advice on how to bring your work up to publishable standard. Where possible, I’ll include specific suggestions to address and resolve any identified issues.
Depending on my schedule, I aim to return an assessment within two weeks from receiving payment. I’ll provide you with an estimated time frame before undertaking your project and I will keep you updated as to my progress.
After reviewing my assessment, some authors have employed me as their editor, helping them to action the feedback in my report and working with them in more detail to bring their manuscript up to publishable standard. My editing process involves two rounds of in depth editing, with digital notes and suggestions made throughout your document. If you’re interested in this option, please let me know.
What it will cost
My rates for manuscript assessment are based on your word count, with a minimum fee of $200 NZD.
30k words (or less) = $200
40k words = $250
50k words = $300
60k words = $350
I’m also available as an editor. My rates for editing will vary depending on the scope of the task. You can find out more here, or you can contact me to discuss the individual demands of your project.
How we’ll work together
- You get in touch with me by email.
Before sending anything, please get in touch with me to let me know you want to work together, so I can reserve space in my schedule for you. At this point, I will confirm my fee, based on your advised word count.
- You send me the manuscript as an email attachment.
Please send your document as an attachment in MS Word format. If you prefer to send a paper manuscript, that isn’t a problem (just please do make sure the pages are numbered). Just let me know when you get in touch and I’ll provide my postal details. I will need you to include a prepaid return envelope so I can return your manuscript to you.
In your email, please include a note of introduction with some background about yourself as a writer. Please include any feedback you may have received from a publisher about this manuscript.
- I confirm your word count and send you an invoice for the agreed amount.
- You pay the invoice.
- I confirm your payment has been received and give you an estimate as to when you should expect to receive my assessment.
- I assess your manuscript and produce a 3-5 page assessment, containing feedback and suggestions for bringing your manuscript up to publishable standard. I email the assessment to you.
- I follow up with you to discuss the assessment and whether you’d like to work with me further on editing your manuscript.